Sunday 21 August 2011

TNA Wrestling confirms Matt Hardy's firing


TNA Wrestling announced Saturday on their official website that Matt Hardy has been released from its roster.

Their statement reads: “TNA today released IMPACT WRESTLING star Matt Hardy from its roster. Hardy was already under suspension from the company.”

His bio was also removed from the website’s roster page.

According to a source, company president Dixie Carter made the decision to terminate Hardy’s contract following his arrest earlier in the day in North Carolina for driving while intoxicated.

Personally, I'm a little disappointed as my son and I are both huge fans of the Hardy's and based on my own experience of meeting them last year, both men are top guys. I was particularly looking forward to a potential face return of the Hardy's and feel there is a ton of great potential storylines there. However I guess this puts an end to all that and probably now means Jeff will return to the WWE down the road. There's no excuse for driving whilst intoxicated, Hardy was already under suspension and TNA have already had enough bad press this year, Dixie was left with no choice and I don't think there's another promoter out there that wouldn't have done the same thing. I should have more on this as it breaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment